Seatan Computer Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Seatan Computer Services Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a Regulation of the European Union and, from 25 May 2018, it applies to all organisations that collect and process the personal data of EU citizens.
As a responsible, forward-looking business, Seatan Computer Services Ltd recognises at senior levels the need to comply with the GDPR and ensure that effective measures are in place to protect the personal data of our customers, employees and other stakeholders, and to ensure that it is processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
Commitment to the security of personal data extends to senior levels of the organisation and is demonstrated through the relevant policies and the provision of appropriate resources to establish and develop effective data protection and information security controls.
As part of meeting our legal obligations, we have put in place a comprehensive programme to understand and validate our use of personal data and to confirm the lawful basis of our processing.
Further to this, we can confirm that:
- A policy is in place for the protection of personal data within Seatan Computer Services Ltd which has been approved by management and communicated to all employees and other relevant people
- All employees have received awareness training regarding data protection and the GDPR
- Everyone understands their roles in the protection of personal data, and has received training where needed
- We have identified the personal data we process, including where special categories are involved
- For each occasion we process personal data, we have established the lawful basis of the processing under the GDPR
- Where we have used the lawful basis of legitimate interest, we have conducted a documented balancing test to assess the benefits versus the impact on the data subject of the processing
- In those cases where our processing is based on consent, we have taken steps to ensure clear, free consent has been given and is recorded, including consideration of parental consent for children
- Tested procedures and online user facilities are in place to promptly process and fulfil data subject access requests, such as consent withdrawal, access and rectification
- The length of time we keep personal data for, or the way we decide this, has been defined in each area of processing, and has been minimised
- We are keeping records of processing as required by the GDPR
- Where we are a controller, all of our contracts with processors have been updated to comply with the requirements of the GDPR
- Where we act as a processor, we have contractually committed to complying with the requirements of the GDPR
- All of our employees are subject to confidentiality obligations with respect to personal data
- Where we transfer personal data internationally, we have ensured that the transfer is legal under the GDPR
- Where appropriate, a data protection impact assessment approach which is line with the requirements and recommendations of the GDPR and relevant best practice, will be used
- By default, we plan for data protection in new or changed services and systems, including minimising our use of personal data and protecting it via techniques such as pseudonymisation
- We have tested procedures in place to fulfil our obligations in the event of a breach of personal data, both as a controller and as a processor
- We have policies and other controls in place to provide appropriate protection of personal data, based on a careful assessment of risk
For further information contact:email@example.com
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes where applicable
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
I. Ownership of Rights and Limitation of Use
All contents on this Website and all copyrights, trademarks and any other intellectual property rights related to these contents are owned by Seatan Computers. Except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law, no contents on this Website may be used, copied, modified, translated, distributed or otherwise utilised without the prior permission of Seatan Computers. Seatan Computers reserves the right to add, delete, or modify these Terms or the contents of this Website at any time without notice.
II. Disclaimers of Warranties
The contents on this Website are provided "AS IS" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied (including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement of third parties' rights). Seatan Computers does not warrant that the contents are error-free. Seatan Computers will use reasonable efforts to place accurate and up-to-date information on this Website but makes no warranty of its accuracy, completeness and/or timeliness.
III. Disclaimer of Links
Except for this Website, Seatan Computers does not operate or maintain contents on websites that are directly or indirectly linked from this Website (the "Linked Sites") . Any reference to a Linked Site or to a specific third party's product or service on the Website or a Linked Site, is not a recommendation by the Seatan Computers. Seatan Computers disclaims liabilities for access to and use of Linked Sites.
IV. Limitation of Liability
Seatan Computers is not liable for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, or other damages (including, but not limited to, economic losses, lost profits, lost revenues, or lost data) arising out of the access to or inability to access to this Website even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
V. Transmitted Materials
Any materials, information, or ideas that you transmit to or post to the Website ("Transmitted Material") is deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary and Seatan Computers has no obligations including without limitation confidentiality obligations in connection with the Transmitted Material.
I. The Information and opinions contained on this website are for general information purposes, are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice, and should not be relied on or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances. Seatan Computers shall have no responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on materials contained on this website..
II. Certain parts of this site link to external internet sites, and other external internet sites may link to this website. Seatan Computers is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.